Strategic Test has announced two new 500 kS/s 16-bit data acquisition cards for PCI Express. The UF2e-4731 has 16 analog inputs and the UF2e-4730 has 8 inputs. Unique features are said to include the options for dual-timebase sampling, synchronous digital inputs, asynchronous digital I/O and the ability to synchronize hundreds of channels.
Drivers and programming examples for Microsoft Windows Vista, XP64, XP and Linux (RedHat, Fedora, SuSe, Sarge) are supplied with the card, as well as the SBench 5.3 oscilloscope program. SDK's for MATLAB, LabVIEW, Agilent-VEE, DASYLab and LabWindows/CVI are available as options.
"Strategic Test now offers a wide range of high-resolution data acquisition cards for PCI Express, with a large selection of acquisition speeds and channel widths," commented Bob Giblett, President of Strategic Test. "This insures that our customers are able to select a card that closely matches their requirements."
Key specifications include:
a.. 128 mega samples of memory --- expandable to 2 giga samples
b.. Continuous streaming to host PC > 120 mega samples/s
c.. Effective Number of Bits > 14.4 bits
d.. Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 88.7 dB
e.. Total Harmonic Distortion < -92.5 dB
f.. The standard -3dB bandwidth is > 250 kHz
Each channel its own 500 kHz ADC for true simultaneous sampling, together with eight voltage ranges from ±50 mV to ±10 V, a programmable offset of 100% and input impedances of 50 Ohm or 1 MOhm, allowing each channel to be individually configured for the signal source.
Like all UltraFast boards, the UF2e-473x scope cards can be customized with hardware options to best match the application:
* Onboard memory: 128, 256, 512, 1024 or 2048 mega samples
* Multiple Recording: memory segmentation
* Gated Sampling: output clock controlled by external TTL signal
* TimeBase : records time of trigger events or Gates
* ABA Mode: slow-fast-slow recording on trigger
* Star Hub: synchronization of up to 5 or 16 boards, or 5 to 16 PCs to a maximum or 271 boards. Can be used with Digitizer, AWG and Digital I/O boards to create mixed-mode systems
a.. BaseXIO : adds 8 asynchronous digital I/O lines
Prices start at $5499 with volume/OEM discounts available.